Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2012, 17:01 mag

Prez wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 03:40:
Already tried it. The truth is I don't know enough about Romney to say exactly what he would do in each situation. Then there's the question of trying to guess what effect each action would have. The bottom line is that I am confident he couldn't possibly do any worse. He has at least proven that he can run a business with some measure of success, which is more management skills than Obama has ever shown me.

Again, vote for whomever you want. I'm not trying to talk anyone into or out of anything. Just sharing my (imperfect) rationalization for voting the way I am going to. Take it or leave it.

Agreed, vote for whomever you want, of course. Don't vote just because you think it's your duty, though, without knowing what you're voting for. It sounds like you don't like Obama (fair), but that you don't really care otherwise, except that you don't like voting for 3rd party candidates.

If you want to signal a 'no confidence' vote, then write in your own name or Cthulhu or Mickey Mouse or go 3rd party or whatever. If you think it is your duty to make sure Obama doesn't get elected at any cost, then vote for Romney. If you really think Romney is better, vote for Romney. If you think Obama stinks, but you don't know anything about Romney? Please research before you throw your vote at a you-know-not-what.

It reminds me of Clint Eastwood lambasting Invisible Obama for not closing Guantanamo and for starting (I guess he meant voting to start--along with nearly everyone else in Congress) and not ending the Afghanistan war, at the Republican convention. Since, you know. Those are the Republican positions.

The exact same thing goes for people on other side, too, of course. It's not your civic duty to vote and hold your nose. It's your civic duty to vote informed. Then hold your nose.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo