Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:27 jacobvandy

A lot of the complaints here are anecdotal... For example, I've gotten plenty of ammo dropped from enemies or found in containers for the gun I'm actively using. I've also gotten some really sweet loot from bosses; it's not always something I want specifically or even something I can use for my main class, but good stuff is dropping. It's possible to keep killing any of the bosses over and over, as much as you want, so fixed loot would make that really boring. Hell, I've also found multiple E-tech guns in crappy little piles or as drops from standard enemies.

As for certain attributes like burst-firing and multiple ammo per shot, it's all about variety. Just because YOU don't like shooting in bursts, that doesn't mean other people don't or shouldn't have the option. And a shotgun consuming 3 shells per blast, is because it has multiple barrels, and is significantly more powerful than a single-barreled one can be... Again, if you would rather stand back at medium range firing in their general direction rather than getting up in their face and blowing it off in a single shot, just don't use those kinds of guns. Same goes for the other types, like pistols or sniper rifles, double ammo consumption is compensating for an otherwise more powerful set of attributes. It's not like ammo vending machines are ever very far away, anyhow, just make sure you load up every time you run into one.

Don't get me wrong, there are times when I've been frustrated by not finding a specific type of weapon that I want in loot, or when the gods of random generation frown upon me and lead me to run out of ammo for my favorite gun, but them's the breaks sometimes. The trick is to be comfortable in switching up your play style sometimes, using different types of guns for different enemies and being effective with them.

I would really like to see more uses for Eridium since, as mentioned here, you can burn through all of those black market purchases pretty quickly. It would be great to at least be able to keep upping the capacity of your backpack (don't see why they didn't just let you keep spending an increasing amount on 3 extra slots), but I would absolutely love being able to make your own E-tech guns or upgrade the attributes of your favorites.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2012, 15:32.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo