Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2012, 01:19 Prez

One thing I like about Bluesnews is that you see less of the usual "Obama is the Divine Savior/Obama is Satan incarnate" (depending on which team you are routing for) than you do elsewhere. Despite the general sense of overall left-of-center leaning feel that I get from here (not saying there's a bias, just that we seem to have more liberal members than conservative ones), there is a pretty good sense of reasonable post-partisanship present that is distinctly lacking in other forums/newsites.

My wife is a member of the Christian right and listens to conservative talk radio non-stop. I love her dearly but it's enough to drive you batshit insane. It's not the general sentiment of the hosts that bothers me - being a right-leaning libertarian I agree with a good deal of what they stand for - it's the non-stop, over-the-top demagoguery and insane rhetoric that makes me want to stick pointy thing in my ears. How do they come up with some of the looney shit they say? Through what kind of fucked up prism does one have to view things to see such complex issues so simplistically black and white? And the most pertinent question - how the hell is obnoxiously self-promoting, whiny drama queen Glenn Beck so popular?

Anyway, as far as who to vote for, I have to say the last 4 years have been disastrous, so I can't vote for Barry. That leaves 1) Romney, 2) an independent with no chance (Paul or Nader) or 3) abstaining. I don't like voting for the candidates with no chance in hell, and I don't like NOT voting considering it is really a civic duty, so it's looking like I'll be holding my nose and voting for Romney. What really pisses me off is that I'm forced between choosing between two people I wouldn't trust to handle my bank accounts much less the highest office in the land because of an electoral process so corrupt and so broken that it hardly even matters what I do in the end.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2012, 01:24.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo