Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2012, 00:18 Acleacius

PHJF wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 19:15:
I have a honest question:
In the 2012 Presidential Election, who do I vote for to screw me over the least?

Ron Paul?
If your serious, I'll take a shot at it. I don't see how. RP has polices are basically bipolar. On the one hand he wants to stop nation building, with some bipartisan work could be very prosperous. To stop it completely would be madness, since every nation has had to have help from other nations, every one. US would still be an English colony. Iirc General Washington had been push across the Delaware exhausted and beaten. Cut off from supply lines and many wounded, in winter. Can anyone name the guy who decided to go to France to ask for help?

France loved this guy and democracy so much (I'm giving way to many hints), not only did they agree to help the US they sent 4000 men, ships, weapons and supplies. They also sent at least one bad ass 19 year old General, who help turn the tide of the war and ultimately securing victory against the English.

On the other hand if you look closely at his domestic policies, RP really, really wants to remove all safety nets everywhere. It would destroy our society financially and morally, basically sociopathic. I don't say this as an attack, just a fact.

You can prove it to yourself just by trying to name one prosperous nation ever in history who's done it, ever. Or I could tell you how every nation with any semblance freedom, is built on the Legacy Debt. Or how Social Security is the most successful government program in history, ever anywhere and it's even statically verifiable. Once again if you want to solve it, try to name another program ever in any nation with a better cost benefit ratio. It's only in bad shape now since they start looting it in the 1980s to pay for the 2 wars and a tax cut.

Or I could point out how he wants to return to a gold standard...I know don't laugh, it's true. Any idea why we changed to a currency based system FROM the gold standard? This is becasue from 1873 to 1933 under the gold standard, where was a near financial collapse an average of every 6 years. 1873, 1884, 1890, 1893, 1907, 1930, 1931, 1932, and 1933. You can verify this again by naming a single nation ever that can handle (move, secure, borrow and transfer) as much capital as the US or other first world nations, with gold.

Doesn't matter who says something Romeny, Obama, Ross Perot or Ron Paul. If it never existed and they can't explain it, then their full of shit.

There's a lot more too this, most of it's above my pay grade. This is just the bare basics but it passes the 80% rule.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo