Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Valve Denies Nexon Rumor Sep 29, 2012, 11:14 Jivaro

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 10:23:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 22:42:
I don't think Valve is "above" selling...I just think it is going to have to wait until Gabe and the other core people are bored with what they are doing and decide to go do something else.

Ah, like the co-founders of Bioware, for example? I don't place Gabe and crew in the same boat, specifically because they didn't sell out to an entity like EA. In fact, I'd say his quote about not selling out more or less directly says that is what he would avoid at all cost, boredom or not. Chances are he would liquidate the company after making sure his employees had replacement jobs. I do agree about everything else, though.

I just can't agree with the liquidate theory. I think Gabe and the rest of Valve would feel obligated to ensure that people could still continue to use Steam. Without it, a great many games stop working. Perhaps they sell it to a caretaker rather then someone who would continue to develop it though.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo