Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Nexus 2 Kickstarter Sep 29, 2012, 05:29 jdreyer

Darks wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 12:51:
Zyrxil wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 11:41:
Yeah, I don't know why it has a cult following either. It was very pretty and seemed to have an interesting universe behind it, but as an actual game it was fairly mediocre.

Same here, I tried several times to like this game, but it was so boring. You never felt like you had control over the fights; it felt like it was all staged. The game feels a lot like Gratuitous Space Battles in a way. I want a full on in control ship building like sins Universe with objectives and areas to go out and conquer. Not some flash in the pants sit back and watch all the pretty effect and ships blowing up without any control over it.

Also if I recall correctly the Camera was terrible too.

I don't remember that. I remember having too much control: I had to set paths for my ships, I had to tell them which ships and which systems to target. I think one cool thing they did that actually confused me at first was after you defeated an enemy ship, they'd leave the burnt out hulk floating on the battlefield, but I didn't realize it was destroyed, so I kept attacking it.

But I remember it being unique for its time, and definitely scratching that "capital ship battle in space" itch.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo