Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2012, 10:41 mch

Prez wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 20:59:
Ok so the NFL issue is tentatively fixed, can we get hockey going now?

Seriously - I love hockey but it pisses me off that these guys all behave like they are the NFL or NBA and not some niche sport with a very small and static audience. You are all overpaid - just play.

But they're not striking, they're locked out.

Owners want a significant rollback of their salaries...after teams spent the last few years signing players to long-term, ridiculous $100m+ contracts.

Don't get me wrong, there's definitely greed on both sides...but I wouldn't be happy taking a huge paycut just because the owners screwed up on the last CBA.

In the end, the fans are the only ones worth feeling sorry for.

Edit: not to mention the increase in average ticket prices they promised wouldn't happen during the last CBA negotiation (terrible around me, for sure), and the huge pay increase Bettman's seen since the last CBA.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2012, 12:57.

PSN: CaseDesignate

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo