Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2012, 23:16 Cutter

I don't know about stupid so much as generally ignorant - by which I mean extremely self-centered - and very loud and obnoxious. Obviously that's a stereotype but it does apply to more people and places I've been to in the US - as well as Americans coming here - than I've ever experienced anywhere else. I also think that perception is coloured with a bit of jealously too. Most people in most other countries aren't nearly as self-assured in that "manifest-destiny" sort of way that Americans are either. There's definitely a bit of envy in there. There are times when that sort of arrogance is insulting, and other times it's pretty admirable. Let's just say they definitely make the world a lot more interesting for both the good and the bad. I know I think it'd be a much duller world without them, and given how much time I've spent in the US I certainly love them more than I don't like them.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo