Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 19:51 nin

Shok wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 19:44:
nin wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 19:27:
So I've not tried this yet, but notice it has it's own exe. Does that get rid of the cd check? And I can't remember (it's been so long) are the movies copied to the drive as apart of the install, or where they streamed off the cd?

I just installed it from CD using tafferpatcher then unzipped the files as instructed in the release_notes.txt with 1.19. Tafferpatcher installs the 1.18 update and can use either the CD as source or directories you extracted the CD's to. There is no cd check either. I didn't install any other compatibility or enhancements but the default ones in tafferpatcher for DX10 and it works fine so far. YMMV since I only played about 10 minutes...

EDIT: Also, movies are copied to hdd with tafferpatcher. Dunno if they were streamed originally or not.

D'oh. I should have mentioned I was thinking of SS2. Sorry! (But thank you!)

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo