Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: Far Cry 3 DRM Details, Specs Sep 26, 2012, 02:51 Jerykk

Matshock wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 22:58:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 21:50:
Matshock wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 16:36:
Amazon is listing $60 for digital. I see Dell is doing $50 though.

Huh.

Amazon was at 50 for XCOM EU DVD for a while then went to 60.

Pricing is all over the place for preorders these days.

The deluxe edition of FC3 is $60. Regular is $50. XCOM DVD is $60 because it has a bunch of physical goodies included. Digital download is $50.

I get all that- let's set aside XCOM.

UBI is:

a) charging $60 for digital delivery

b) withholding actual value content (missions, weapons) from the $50 boxed set that PC gamers don't want as a release product anyway AND it costs UBI more to deliver

They're pushing to $60.00- that's obvious. They're being half-assed about it like they are about their DRM.

If they push a non-deluxe digital version I'll retract but right now they're pushing $60.

Non-deluxe digital version

Or you can just buy the download version directly from Ubisoft: $50 Far Cry 3 digital download from Ubisoft store

I dislike Ubisoft as much as the next PC gamer but you really should do some degree of research before posting tirades.

Anywho, it's not exactly a secret that publishers are starting to abandon physical PC games in the U.S. A lot of games are digital-only these days, like Sleeping Dogs, Dark Souls, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, etc. A big reason for PC gaming's resurgence is the higher profit margin and long-term sales that digital distribution offers.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2012, 03:02.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo