Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Gambitious Launches: Earth No More & 3D Realms Live Sep 25, 2012, 10:37 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:06:
Does Kickstarter take a percentage of those donations for their operating costs?

Believe so, yes.

I believe Kickstarter takes 3% and Amazon Payments takes another 4%. Or it might be the other way around but I believe a few people have said you lose 7% off the top.

And yeah, a project by 3D Realms, that was cancelled in 2009 due to lack of funding before a single ounce of gameplay was shown and they won't say who is developing it. That either means they don't actually have a developer yet or the one they do have is one known for making bad games. I'm sure ready to drop a pile of money on that. It's incredible to me that after the shit show that was Duke Nukem Forever, Broussard still sees himself as an industry superstar and that the 3D Realms brand is anything more than a punchline. Their chances of this succeeding would probably be a lot better if they'd just let that brand die and start things with a new name. But Broussard's ego won't allow that.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo