Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

73. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 22, 2012, 10:50 Axis

Dades wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 08:49:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 01:07:
I think a major reason TLII reminds people so much of Diablo 2 aside from the obvious being the same genre type of game, is it's like the ripped half the music and sound effects right from Diablo 2. Seriously listen to the musical arrangement during act 1, It's like a rearranged Diablo 2 Act 1 with some of the melody actually identical in spots.

Same thing with alot of the spell sounds/contact sounds, pretty much identical to Diablo 2. It's like after these guys got the axe at Blizz north they took the source code for D2 with em to reuse later

It's the same sound designers who worked on Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. Many of the sound effects were actually stock sound footage and the music is just Matt Uleman's style. It's a budget priced game that competes with Diablo 3 on features and gameplay, I am pretty happy with it.

And that subconscious sound is what gives many people who played the originals their euphoria in the honeymoon stage of this game. I've been around long enough not to go gushy at the honeymoon stage, I usually can get a feel for how the longterm enjoyment plays out, and I'm usually right.

Yes it's a decent game. But it's very simple game -- few skills but lots of visible stats (which makes it seem more than it is), and pretty much what you'd expect from a generic arpg.

I compare all new arpg's to PoE, because PoE takes many new directions and concepts and does it damn well -- something rarely seen in the industry - most AAA and many indies go the 'tried and true' because that's what traditionally pays the bills.

I've been playing PoE for over 8 months now, and I'm not tired of it, plenty of characters I haven't built, gameplay always as fresh as an arpg can get.

Yours truly,

Axis

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo