Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: On PlanetSide 2's Business Model Sep 22, 2012, 01:46 Matshock

I put $40.00 total into Tribes Ascend, but enjoyed as much as any other game I spent that much money on.

It sounds like they're not going to sell certs. That being the case, the only thing you can buy that helps you win is the points booster and that so far is capped at 10%.

The P2 Beta seems a bit bland so far- I need to figure out how to use the VOIP comms better and the game certainly needs a lot of work.

The map design is masterful though- at least on the ground. The air game has a very low view distance and a very low altitude ceiling.

What P2 is going to need most are commanders- RTS style players directing the fighting. It sounds like they are moving in that direction but it's not real clear what the final solution is going to be right now.

3 months to go from now anyhow and I doubt the BETA is the sum total of development.

Waiting to see more...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo