Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

69. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 22, 2012, 00:59 WaltC

Optional nickname wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 10:10:

Extremely polished, Extremely worth not $20, but $60.

Actually, I wish you wouldn't say that...;) It just shows how you've become conditioned to think that "$60" is "the right price" to pay for a game of decent to outstanding quality. I think Runic has got it right, though, because in charging $20 they are bound to sell many more copies than they would have sold at $60, and so they are bound to make a lot more money with the game than they would have at a $60 per-copy MSRP. Piracy will be greatly reduced, too, from what it would have been with a $60 MSRP. People have got to quit responding like Pavlov's dogs when they hear a bell...;) Runic is ahead of the curve with their pricing metrics--they've got the right approach where so many game developers don't have a clue--which is a pity for them and us.

The musical Soundtrack is so effing beautiful, it is actually overpowering to this cartoony like game, to a point, but I shall let it play in TL2, and never ever bring that into Diablo3, shame on those that consider this.

I was very pleased about the fact that the game itself doesn't look "cartoonish" at all! The cut-scenes are all cartoon, though, but thankfully they aren't worth our attention in the scheme of the game.

the isometric view is zoomed out a touch at 1080p, but it is a very welcomed change, albeit the small monster appearance, I haven't seen the rest, but so far they looked a little translucent

Use the mouse wheel and zoom in about as close as you like. Apparently, you haven't done that yet. I'm playing at 1920x1200 and the resolution *and* the UI scale beautifully--you can even scale the UI independently of the game--I found that at my resolution 80% scaling on the UI is perfect for me.

edit: Forgot to say my favorite part, this game is like Dungeon Seige 1 , but so much better! THANK YOU FOR THIS!

Dungeon Siege had far more of story than T2, and wasn't particularly Diablo1/2-like at all, but I love T2 because it reminds me so much of D2 which I thoroughly enjoyed on my 3dfx V3, IIRC...;) I love the music and the atmosphere of T2.

The one thing I recall about Dungeon Siege was that you could rotate the camera on the x axis 360-degrees around your character/party--you couldn't rotate on the Y axis completely--but it made Dungeon Siege seem a lot closer to a real 3d game than the frozen isometric view that T1 and T2, and probably D2, as well, are limited to.

Thanks for reminding me that the next "old" game I'll have to buy when it comes out--say on GoG.com--is the original Dungeon Siege. I think it was the best in the series, and that the franchise went downhill quickly after the first one.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo