Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 14:58 descender

may your RMAH eat you from within in hell

I anticipate that within two weeks, complaints will begin about the loot quality drops in TL2, and the ability to go "buy out" the RNG will be sorely missed.

Heck if I released one of these loot farming games, the first week or two would purposely have ridiculous items dropping to get people excited about the game.

No one has the patience to go farm for items anymore. If they did they wouldn't have cried about the way items dropped in D3 (basically the same as D2... the way torchlight does it is completely different). They would have been able to ignore the existence of the AH, because it didn't effect your gameplay AT ALL unless you chose to allow it to. You could have farmed for equipment, like many people are still doing in that game... like EVERYONE will have to do in TL2.

When the bell curve for upgrades gets to 10+ hours for your character, then let's see how everyone feels about all the flashy BS on the items.

I prefer the skill trees and ability systems in TL2, but again people forget about the permanence of choice and how much they "love choice but don't actually want to deal with the consequences". I guarantee one of the first community requests will be for a full respec option, basically trivializing the permanence of skill progression just like D3.

I don't know, I just wasn't bowled over when playing this yesterday... time to go back and play more I guess...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo