Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

47. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 21, 2012, 09:29 Darks

Verno wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 08:48:
I have to say, I'm shocked at how good this game is. I was one of the people really down on the original Torchlight, it was a very average and bland experience that was easily won and done in a weekend. This is an improvement in every way possible. The overworld additions are well done and give it a real sense of scale. The randomization is well implemented and the game has a surprising amount of secrets and neat things to dig up. It has offline, online and LAN play! The skill trees aren't the boring shit we saw from the first game or in beta, they made them very compelling and there a huge number of build possibilities.

I can't believe this is $20 and Diablo 3 is $60. They have one upped it in every way except price. Kudos to Runic, I just hope their sales aren't impacted by GW2 and BL2.

I have to agree with you, I was happily surprised at how good the game is and fun. And I was even more surprised that you donít have to wade through each difficulty by beating the game just to get to the next difficulty level. That was awesome. Playing an engineer and really liking her hitting power. I did try the wizard and the Berserker; those were ok, but not as fun as the Engineer.

I bought the four packs on Steam, got the nice discount for it and gave my lan party friends theirs, I also bought one other copy because I wanted to get into the Neverwinter beta. I got both of those cd keys in an email Thursday. Canít wait to try out Neverwinter.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo