Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 21, 2012, 08:34 Alamar

Siygess wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 07:54:
Hey, can anyone direct me to a working download link for TL2? The 1.4Gb offline installer on the Torchlight 2 page hasn't worked for me since it went live last night (it's still "Starting..") and although I've heard that Perfect World have their own client I haven't been able to find it on their site, even though I bought TL2 through them.

Blast, that will teach me to buy a game elsewhere when I could have purchased it on Steam instead..

Games can still be bought outside of Steam?

The 'nice' thing about everything using Steam DRM, is that it's easy as shit to crack when it's already been done for other games... Like instant launch day easily served piracy... They don't even have to try any more heh...

Anyhow... Piracy bad...

Edit: This is one of the reasons I always thought third-party-anti-piracy was a bad idea... Crackers used to have to work hard to track down the IsThisProductValid() and change a bit/byte/etc... Some companies even put it into multiple places... But when third-party additions were added, they were more easily (and ironically) circumvented because the crackers knew precisely what to look for (and sometimes where). Anecdotally, it's something I could have excelled at, but had just about zero interest in : )

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2012, 08:39.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo