Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 20, 2012, 20:40 Sepharo

Eh, nobody picked up on the point I was trying to make...

Railwizard says atheists have killed more than God. If God is everything and anything than how can anyone outdo him? Even if we take God out of it Stalin and Mao can't compete with Smallpox.

Also the majority of the totals that Railwizard is most likely referring to are from famines in communist China and USSR. Granted the effects of the famines were intensified by those communist policies but laying the full blame on a solitary atheist leader and treating it as a single event is disingenuous.

So yes, for someone ranting about nutjobs to go on and say this:
Pretty sure atheists have killed more people than anything or anyone else, ever. Not meteors, not volcanoes, not floods, not even God if he exists is on top of that scoreboard.
doesn't exactly differentiate them from the nutjobs.

Care to refute?

No, not really, but I guess I'll have to to prevent some other impressionable idiot from eating it up.

And don't take this as me defending Stalin or Mao or even atheists. This isn't some "rah rah my team is better" crap that religions pull it's just calling a nutjob a nutjob.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo