Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 10:50 Creston

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 09:52:
Bioware has traditionally done pretty good singleplayer DLC but the ending for ME3 really just kinda put a damper on the franchise for me. I haven't bought any DLC for ME3 and have no plans to in the future, I think I'll just wait and see how the next ME game is.

Unfortunately, Leviathan is a giant piece of shit. It's 3 missions, each of which is at most ten minutes long, and the whole thing is only padded out by stupid "run back and forth" sections designed solely for that purpose.

The much bally-hood underwater section lasts LITERALLY two minutes. You walk down a path, fall down, turn right, walk forward, fall down, turn left and that's it. Then you meet with Leviathan, who agrees to help you after about 3 minutes of conversation, even though they have stubbornly clung to their current method of hiding for BILLIONS of years.

And what do you get for all of this? Well, a few upgrades that they ported straight over from MP, a 400 rating war asset for Leviathan (Which surprised me. I had said it'd be 75.) annddd... oh, that's it. And it changes one line in the ending.

All this for just ten bucks, people!

It's possible that Leviathan got short-thrift because they spent so much time on the Extended Cut, and that Omega will be back to the Overlord/Lair of the Shadowbroker quality I've come to expect. But I'll need some really objective views to convince me of that.

Leviathan was a fucking waste of ten dollars.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo