Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: On The Secret World's F2P Potential Sep 18, 2012, 03:50 .Drifter

saluk wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 13:43:
My problem with p2p is less a matter of how much I am spending, and more a psychological matter. Look at the last week of my GW2 time. I barely played, I've been busy with work etc. I may be a bit busy to play much this week too. Right now, I am still loving the game every time I play it, but I'm NOT playing often enough to really justify paying every month. Towards the end of the month, I would have to evaluate whether I want to keep paying for something I'm not really using.

On the other hand, I've filled up my character slots. At any point in the next few weeks I might decide to make a new character and buy some slots. While I am putting money in the cash shop anyway, I might buy some other things just for fun. I can justify that a lot easier than I can paying money for a game I'm not spending that many hours on.

The secret world was fun for the first month, but I unsubbed. I didn't unsub because I wasn't having fun, I unsubbed because I wasn't playing. If I want to play again next month, which I might, I will have to consider whether it's worth the hassle to reactivate on the off chance that I play for a day and get distracted away from it again.

Wow, this is pretty much my feeling with MMORPG's now.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo