Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 17, 2012, 12:10 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 11:55:
Well, I know it was less than 100k total users when it was just the new ARMA 2 mod on the scene that only the active playerbase for that knew about (April/May). After it had gone viral and exploded in popularity, they still only had 400k users, even though they already reached more than 100k daily players (June/early-July). That total users figure had DOUBLED after the Steam Summer Sale, and then surpassed a million in the first week of August. The daily player count peaked at around 120k or so, but has been declining ever so slightly since then, despite the total users growing to 1.24 million as of today.

There is no way in hell that massive spike of new players in the latter half of July was due to people who already owned the game suddenly taking an interest in playing. Maybe some had ARMA 2 and just needed to buy the expansion, like I did, but the majority were buying Combined Ops. You could argue that a good chunk of that "total players" number is actually people buying extra CD keys, whether to have a second+ character or to replace one that was banned, but those sales all look the same to the developer.

Obviously I'm guessing, and I did say that probably anywhere between 50 to 100K people bought Arma 2 solely for Day Z. But has it reached more than 100ish K concurrent users? The concurrent users are often the same group of people just playing every day.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo