Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Borderlands 2 Videos Sep 16, 2012, 23:25 Alamar

Fantaz wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 22:33:
Teddy wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 22:25:
Fantaz wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 19:35:
I mentioned in the Borderlands 2 IGN review comments section, but I suppose I'll ask here also: When I see RPG/FPS I think Deus Ex/Bioshock. I loved System Shock co-op, wondering will I get a similar experience?

Absolutely and irrefutably no.

While those games would be considered RPG/FPS games, this is more FPS/RPG. If that makes any sense. Shooter first, RPG a distant second. More akin to Diablo as a first person shooter than any sort of deep involved RPG experience.

Ahh... I see. I hate it when reviewers and members of the game dev community like to throw around words like "RPG elements" and the like for terms which don't even exist. I'd like to call those more like advanced-FPS games. (I don't want to hear "RPG" mentioned plz)

I have always considered 'RPG elements' things like xp and levels, skill/stat boosts, etc... If you're looking for the story 'RPG elements', try some indie titles, as it rarely makes it into the AAA space... regarding FPS' that is...

-Alamar

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo