Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 14, 2012, 10:32 Prez

VERNO Wrote:

Piracy is just a bogeyman, the real reason is far more mundane. It's all about control, not piracy.

In most cases I think you are 100% correct (your use of Battlefield 3 is the consummate illustration of the point) but, I don't know... I just get the feeling when I hear them whine like babies that Yerli Crevat and Yves Guillemot really are naive/stupid/blinded enough to actually believe the utter bullshit they spew when they whine and cry about piracy. I can't help but think of Yerli Crevat with his 20:1 piracy-to-sales ratio he quoted when announcing Crysis was a "disappointment" when it sold 1 million units (a supremely technically prohibitive PC exclusive sells a million copies and he's "disappointed"), indicating he at least believed that the majority of those pirated versions were lost sales - yeah without the filthy pirates you would have sold 15 or 20 million units. Idiot. After that, I never miss a chance to insult the whiny little disillusioned prick. Guillemot just comes across as so clueless and retarded in the way he views piracy that he just seems pathetic.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2012, 10:42.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo