Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 13, 2012, 08:36 Verno

ItBurn wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 07:13:
Last time we had a post about BF3 cheating, I claimed that I never saw a cheater, and it's still the case. I've even started being called a cheater sometimes, and I'm not even that good. I admit that I did sometimes get my ass kicked in strange fashion, but I just couldn't claim it was a hacker. The moral of the story is that it in no way breaks the game for me.

As for PS2, I'm definitely interested, but I don't see both games competing. PS2 looks like space fantasy stuff, and it doesn't look as robust as BF3. It looks more mmo-like. But, I haven't played it, so...

We've done the cheating debate to death here already but just for reference, most cheaters are really subtle due to the level of sophistication in the hacks. Aim percentage, awareness and unclear killcams make it difficult to gauge who is actually cheating and who isn't. There's this misconception that someone has to have a ridiculous kill/death ratio to be cheating and that's far from the case, objective completion and actual score are far more important.

For a frame of reference people really need to look up some BF3 multihacks on youtube or something to see whats possible due to the ridiculous netcode concessions. Dice has been promising to fix it up for some time but still hasn't. I can still play and have a good time every now and then but its difficult to trust the integrity of the game when its own maker won't take it seriously. I sincerely doubt they are going to manually review these things, it is just lip service for stuff that is probably going to /dev/null.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo