Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

56. Re: Re:Indie Rant Sep 13, 2012, 00:01 Jivaro

Tumbler wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 18:07:
Slashman wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 17:47:
Indies need to step up a bit. I'm not going to buy another 3 or 4 Terrarias.

I think you might want to adjust your expectations. The graphical quality I think you want is likely only going to come from large publishers who can employ dozens of people to design and create content that has that high quality finish and "almost real" look to it. If you want the outstanding gameplay tied with those graphics what you are asking for is the big publishers to step up their game.

The indies are firing on all cylindars. It's the big boys that are seeing how low they can push the bar and still milk you dry.

This. It really makes a hell of a lot more sense. Demand more from the people asking for the most money, not from the people asking for the least. I haven't paid more then 30 bucks (and usually much less then that) for a AAA title in 3 years because I refuse to give these pricks 50-60 bucks for the xerox copy crap they keep spitting out. The same game but shinier? Fuck that. I'll just wait for the sale. (okay..I have one guilty pleasure...Madden...which is like one of the worst offenders)

The indies are the only ones keeping me in this hobby. I would probably buy 1-3 games a year without that part of the industry. The "AAA" titles just lack innovation, probably because taking a chance on something new is a risk stockholders wouldn't appreciate.

If the gameplay isn't your cup of tea, that is one thing. But to start bitching about graphics for a 10 dollar game made by a Kickstarter...that is just silly.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2012, 00:08.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo