Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 12, 2012, 13:03 pnag

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 12:36:
Nice theory you have there. I made the mod from 2010-2011 for myself first because after 10 years of talk nobody else would do it. Said that multiple times and only shared it with a handful of friends at the beginning.

So what? Still doesn't mean you don't have a problem with the 'hype' you said the team themselves generated?

I've been critical of Black Mesa since LONG before then. Previously I hadn't been part of a mod team since the Quake 1 days. Between those times I was too busy doing contract work for things I can guarantee you have played/watched.

Yeah? Like what? Put your money where your mouth is. *Amaze* us with your incredible work, if it's true?

pnag, I'm surprised you didn't work another line about your child into that reply. Bravo.

Possibly the cheapest shot I've ever had at me, as it's actually at my FOUR MONTH OLD.

To put it in context for others, one of the voice actors from the mod ON A DIFFERENT FORUM mentioned the delays on the mod were because of personal things, like final exams, babies being born etc. I mentioned that I was involved in a lot of projects outside of my daily work, and since my child was born, I've had to give them all up, so I have some small understanding of what the team must have gone through. Max now throws it in my face. You, sir, are a total asshole. How dare you.

What was the full context of my quote from 2005, btw? I'm curious. Link to the original post, please. Looks like I hit the nail on the head. Who would have guessed (beside myself) seven years later the mod would still not be finished.

Sorry - you can't squirm out of this one.

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 19, 2005:
u]
Over-ambitious mod teams that will NEVER EVER EVER be released... Case in point, Black Mesa: Source. There's a better chance of seeing Half Life 6 before this sorry heap.

NEVER EVER EVER? How's Friday for you? Context be damned - you look like a clown.

And I'll ask this civilly at least - don't ever mention my child again.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo