Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Steam Big Picture Beta Begins Sep 11, 2012, 16:53 Crustacean Soup

Shok wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 08:14:
Crustacean Soup wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 21:03:
This is awesome right here. Games just need to support it, like Skyrim for instance, which still needs a mouse to get through the launcher.

Then get a wireless mouse. Seriously, I like Big Picture and all but I have a bad feeling about giving companies more of a reason to release crappy consolized ports.

No. I want controller support. Evidently, Valve figures others do as well, since there's this whole Big Picture mode right here. I don't have any bad feelings about giving companies more of a reason to make my Xbox 360 completely obsolete.

I've gamed on the couch using a wireless mouse; it's inferior to using a controller in that situation. It's less comfortable, it's far less ergonomic. If I have to use a mouse/keyboard, I'm using them at a desk; if I'm gaming on the couch, I'm using a controller. I'm not about to replace desk PC gaming with couch PC gaming (strategy games on a couch? Multiplayer FPSs? Hah), it's more about replacing couch console gaming with couch PC gaming.

Consoles haven't killed traditional PC gaming yet, and I really doubt TV-friendly interfaces will either. I don't care in any case, I'm just going to buy the games I want to buy and play them the way I want to play them.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2012, 16:58.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo