Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

55. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2012, 14:44 Alamar

Jerykk wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:34:
dj LiTh wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 06:57:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 23:59:
The 3570K isn't locked. I don't think any Intel CPU is locked anymore. I'm running at 4.3 GHz on air right now and that was with an automated overclocking process. If you start messing with the voltages and other things manually, you could likely get it up to 4.8 GHz or more with watercooling.

And when buying memory, you should always go for 2 sticks, not 4. You can't use dual channel with 4 and going for 2 leaves space for more should you need them in the future.

As for SLI, I can't really recommend it. There are a lot of games that either don't support it or have issues when it is enabled (image quality and performance issues). Nvidia is pretty good about fixing these issues in a relatively timely manner but it's still annoying.

With 2 sticks and 4 sticks you do indeed get dual channel, with 1 and 3 sticks you dont. As for SLI i've never encountered a single issue and i play just about every game under the sun.

I guess you're right about 4 sticks being able to dual channel. Still, if you can get 2 sticks, I don't know why you'd want 4.

As for SLI, just look up "SLI issues" on Google.

Two 8GB sticks is still considerably pricier than four 4GB sticks...

-Alamar

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo