Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 11, 2012, 12:17 killer_roach

Creston wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 11:18:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Close to Avatar's quality. Have you idiots at Geomerics, whatever the fuck that is, actually SEEN the rumored specs for these boxes? They won't even be able to match Witcher 2's graphics, much less Avatar's.

Fuck, the hype machine that's underway is already reaching fucking ridiculous proportions. MS and Sony dollars are obviously being spent well.

Edit : Okay, so he's just talking about the lighting. I don't think the lighting in Avatar really stood out, so that's probably possible

Seeing as, if I'm recalling correctly, not even Avatar was using fully ray-traced lighting, it's quite possible to reach those levels of lighting with the rumored specs of the x720/PS4.

As far as hitting the overall level of graphics of The Witcher 2... with the rumored specs, I'd say it's possible, but not going to be a cakewalk, either. (Lower system overhead on a console helps, as does targeting shader design to a specific architecture... even still it may require use of APUs to fully pull off what the PC versions can do.)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo