Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: The Secret World Lead Laid Off Sep 11, 2012, 12:01 Hellbinder

this is completely their own fault. You don't advertize a game as "the most amazing FTP game ever made" and how its going to "take over and revolutionize the FTP space" as i saw in many an early interview. Then crap all over your fan base by changing it to a full price game, with a monthly fee and a cash shop and expect to stay in business.

This is literally the DUMBEST thing i have ever seen a game company do to themselves. Then they fire the developers instead of the idiotic management that i am sure forced them to change the game from free to full subscription.

If they had stayed the course and continued to play up the hooplah about revolutionizing the FTP space i have no doubt the game would be doling very well and they would be making money hand over fist via the cash shop, or in having special pay only episodes/zones. similar to the way D&D does theirs. 5 bucks for 48 hour pass and you can buy them and give them to your friends so they can play with you etc..

but no... Funcom is filled with morons. (except on the tiny 10 man AO team that is still going strong)

The Whales name is Bob.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo