Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

36. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 11, 2012, 10:45 HorrorScope

RailWizard wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 06:52:
blah blah blah...what we really need is the next generation of game controller. Yes, that means something better than console controller crap, as well as better than mouse & keyboard. That is a tall menu, and I find it depressing that no one has risen to that challenge as of yet.

If you ask me, what we need(be prepared to laugh) is a real version of the Nintendo power glove. You know, the way you expected it to be before you actually tried it...

We underrate what is happening with the mouse imo. We are talking within just a couple of inches of relaxed movement we can have split second accuracy with 180 degrees. No only do you have perfect control in a 3d world, you can add an addition 12 buttons to it, to have it fire, change weapon, move forward and many other things and have it all feel natural.

The Glove, history has shown those devices are non-intuitive, to little motion reacts too much in game. Now maybe we will have to take a step back in pin-point control to move this forward. But will the gamers accept that or laugh it to failure as a gimmick as we have so far with any device going there? To me it will certainly be more awkward to start out with, will the gamers allow it to mature and accept it?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo