Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 10, 2012, 20:14 dj LiTh

John wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 20:10:
Creston wrote:
If all you're doing is games, the i7 is overkill. Get the i5-2500K. Best processor for its money with its insane overclocking capabilities. But even at stock it's already faster than anything you could possibly need.

Hmm, I may do that. The i5 3570K is only $10 more than the 2500K though and is the Ivy Bridge so it should run cooler. That's good to hear about your 660 Ti too. Glad I went with that one and I'm looking forward to seeing it perform in person.

What about memory? I was considering going with 16gb but most games I looked at only recommend up to 4gb so now I think 8gb should be enough.

8gb is great, only reason to go higher is if your into VMware stuff. For gaming, you should be jubilant if a game takes more than 2gb of ram, and ecstatic if it takes 3-4gb of ram, i've never consumed more than 4-5gb's while gaming

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo