Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 10, 2012, 01:35 mag

RailWizard wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 23:03:
Can you honestly tell me what it is that makes Valve so great?

Sure, they have made some great games in the past. They may even make 1 or 2 in the future.

Now beyond that, they have become a publisher, and as such, are seemingly not immune to the temptations of that role.

I am merely trying to predict the future here....

Soon they will roll out their app store(which no one asked for), as well as all this other gimmicky crap referenced in this article.

All I want is a decent online game store. I can get all that other crap from elsewhere, I don't need it from Valve.

edit: "special." That's right. Don't forget it.

Portal 2 was released just last year. L4D2 wasn't too long ago. Alien Swarm was released for free a couple of years ago. TF2 receives constant updates. Portal 2 received a substantial upgrade earlier this year. The new CS just came out.

They release major games and updates to their games way more frequently than any other major devs that I can think of. They haven't released an HL game in a while, but who cares? It's the most boring series they work on. Ep 1 and Ep 2 were just awful.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo