Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks Sep 9, 2012, 15:06 Quinn

I'm surprised how Eldaron Imotholyn managed to reply for me. You basically replied how I would have.

It's sad how people in this community can insult others by calling them idiots, and actually get backed up by the majority. It is very, very telling.

The point made earlier about most MMO's not giving proper feedback (like critical hits) is on the mark. Sure, the critical hit numbers are displayed with a splash of paint, but it simply not as obvious as in WoW. This is coming from a person who now has experienced both games. WoW gives besides visual feedback also auditive feedback.

Although GW2's graphics certainly aren't worse than WoW's, they are less... what? consistent? Characters have more of a... gloom than the environment, for example, detaching them -- if only mildly so -- from the envirpnment. The graphics aren't stunning, and absolutely not "gorgeous" in my opinion. Especially not for this day. Granted, I haven't experienced the game too far past the human areas.

I'll hold the rest of my breath a little longer. I enjoy the game for certain, but the hype and most of the reviews leave me once again cursing the fact I relied on those very, very unreliable sources. As mentioned before, some aspects of the media -- especially those from the developers themselves -- misrepresented the game's features to an extend I would indeed go as far as to call them lies.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo