Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

156. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 8, 2012, 14:42 Draugr

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 13:48:
Draugr wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 01:26:

Funny you had to put that in quotes, as that wasn't an argument. That was an example of how there were people ages ago who thought Child labor laws were for pussies, but now if somebody said up they'd get laughed off the stage, as we feel its worthwhile that our citizens (in this case children) are protected from exploitation.

Uh, that's what a straw man is... hehe. Anyway, its pretty clear that you come from a culture outside the US, and your pseudo-intellectual responses lead me to believe you are from India originally? You are just going around in circles without actually saying anything. I'm sure it sounds good to you while you are thinking of it, but at this point, it borders on bleeding-heart babble.

No, that's not a straw man. Now, If I started pretending that you were advocating against child labor laws, then yes that would be straw man territory.

It seems like you've ran out of things to say beyond your speculation of what stereotype you have in your head that you think your talking to. Which for the record, all of your suppositions about my background have all been wrong. Demographically speaking, I'm really boring. Why you're so concerned about my background is really odd too, as it's irrelevant to the conversation we're having. Why you think I'd need to be from India to advocate the employee protections that US citizens enjoy is beyond me. I find it amazing you feel the reason for thinking differently than you is because they must be a foreigner or a pothead/different from you. I think it might blow your mind to learn there are people who have an upbringing similar to yours and hold different views from you. (Not to say we share backgrounds, Id have no way of knowing that, nor do I think your background is relevant to the conversation.)

We've both been running around in circles on this topic for two days now, how is what we've done here changed at all since then? I'll summarize since sentences look like babble to you.
I feel my points (while we have been goiing in circles) hasn't really been babble, I've been advocating for the current law as I think the protections it provides to employee's benefits most everyone and is seen as acceptable in the US. you've been saying the law is dumb because you think people who want legal protection from being harassed at work are all pussies. You've said that to prove this ask an illegal immigrant what they think of employee protections in the US (of which they wouldnt be entitled), Is what your trying to say america should be more like these countries?
I don't get how you don't think that hasn't been saying anything. Maybe you need better reading comprehension skills.

To add, it's interesting you feel the reason for thinking differently than you is because they must be a foreigner or on drugs, etc. I think it mightsurprise you to learn there are people who have an upbringing and background similar to yours and hold different views from you. (Not to say we share backgrounds, Id have no way of knowing that, nor do I think your background is relevant to the conversation. I feel like my point can stand on its own without resorting to attacking the person, imagined or real, directly. )

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo