Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

63. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 18:15 ASeven

I think, from what I've read, the most confusing part for me is this. Wardell claims Elemental was hurt by what she deleted when she left her office and moved to another job. This is what I don't understand, how could marketing stuff hurt a game by "spending "vital time" leading up to Elemental's release "attempting to re-create" the marketing materials, "rather than programming, debugging, and otherwise readying Elemental for release."". Why would they use programmers and game developers to re-create marketing material? That is very, very odd since game programmers and developers do have a specific job and it doesn't include making and re-creating marketing material and campaign. It's not in their job description and that kind of job is better made by marketers who could be hired easily at that point and could have re-created the marketing material within the time frame since this was not a huge, AAA kind of production.

The inference that Stardock used programmers to re-create marketing material instead of "programming, debugging, and otherwise readying Elemental for release" is mind-boggling. This, of all things, is a red flag for me, not to mention that even if he used the game programmers to re-create the marketing campaign, given the size of the project and how it turned out to be, it would have been quite wise to ditch the marketing material lost in favor of debugging and polishing. If that happened indeed then I can only say Brad is quite incompetent at assigning tasks and Elemental got hurt due to that as well.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo