Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

43. Re: It's you who should apologize to id. Sep 6, 2012, 01:40 Bhruic

hb3d wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 23:16:
I took your comment of "apologists" to mean those who were apologizing for id's not having included multiplayer in this re-release because it wasn't needed due to the mod community's efforts. And, my point is that those apologists are right. id has given plenty of free Doom to PC gamers. It doesn't need to give us any more. We have all of the multiplayer Doom we need.

Well, no, the apologists aren't right. The "we" who have all the multiplayer we need are also going to be the "we" who already have all the multiplayer we need. The people who would buy this package aren't (necessarily) going to be in the "we". People tend to have a common misconception where if they know something, they assume everyone else does too. But there are likely plenty of people who have no idea about the free multiplayer Doom that's out there.

Frankly, however, I don't see the demand for the package to be very substantial on the PC (or any platform for that matter), so at the end of the day it's probably more of a moot point than anything else. But if they are going to sell it to people, the least they can do is ensure that they are getting their money's worth by including multiplayer support, even if they have to get permission from one of the "free" versions to do so.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo