Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

3. Re: TERA Server Merges Sep 5, 2012, 11:31 Stanly Manly

Tera's lack of success has nothing to do with its subscription based model. It suffered from a few fatal flaws, one of which was not the game's fault though...

1. Massive class imbalance in high end PvP, coupled with awful latency in twitch based combat. This was the deciding factor in why I left the game. I won't bore anyone with the details, but it was truly a terrible experience to have picked the wrong class and be completely dominated/negated in PvP by those that chose the right class. Add on the latency... cripes, I don't even want to start thinking about it again...

2. Lack of end game. The end game gear grind was, without a doubt, the worst iteration of an end game I have seen in an MMO. Barely a month into the game's life cycle, and all there was to do was run the same tired couple of dungeons to try to get enchantment fodder to beef up your gear... over, and over... and over... And Nexus... what a joke. Seriously look up some youtube videos on it. You'll laugh, hard.

3. This one is not the game's fault, but Tera had, without a doubt, the worst PvP community I have ever seen. The *only* reason to join a PvP server is for the open world PvP, but the community there shunned open world PvP like it was the bane of their existence. The prevailing attitude was "you are a douche, I was leveling/questing/fighting a mob, how dare you attack me".

So, subscription had nothing to do with this game's failure, and anyone who actually played it knows it. I'd have happily continued to pay a subscription to this game if it had fixed PvP and had even a hint of a decent end game. Alas... it was not meant to be. Keeping my eye on Blade and Soul. No interest in GW2... that looks like garbage.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo