Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Shadowrun Returns Art Sep 4, 2012, 16:06 Creston

ASeven wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:57:
Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 11:50:
ASeven wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 11:39:
Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 11:33:
Well, Trolls are supposed to be around 9 feet tall, and basically just absolute brick shithouses of muscle and bone. Imagine a large, green gorilla, really. So yeah, their rendition of one here as a goofy looking Tolkien Orc is quite off.

Eh. :-shrug-: :)

What I would love to see included would be Horrors. They were the blight of Earthdawn and they came to the SR universe too, how cool wouldn't it be to fight one of those?

The timeframe is probably wrong. This is set in the 2050s (ie, the golden age of Shadowrun). I believe the horrors didn't start appearing until after the whole Harlequin saga in the early 60s?

Edit: I rewatched the Q&A with Jordan and Mitch, and they said they're still debating on whether their story will be set before or after Dunkelzahn's death. (which I believe is 2058?) So if it's set after, then it's feasible.

I remember when FASA introduced the Horrors on the SR universe. I was an Earthdawn GM (and I still stick even today to my opinion it was the best original fantasy setting ever made for RPGs) and wondered how the future Earth in Shadowrun would be able to fend off those fuckers. At least the Bloodelf Queen survived from the Earthdawn era to the Shadowrun era.

Spoilers here (though really old ones) :

Dunkelzahn commits suicide on the night of his Inauguration to power something that closes the portal. Harlequin is heavily involved with the whole thing as well. They made an adveture book out of it (which was awesome), and they released three really well-written Shadowrun novels that deals with it. I'd look up the names, but they're stuck in a box somewhere...

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo