Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Op Ed Sep 4, 2012, 15:33 PHJF

I think the general fall of the single player game can be attributed to the lack of skill-based games. As games have evolved for the past decade I've felt less and less in control and more like a passenger on a theme park ride. This is why sandbox games are so fucking popular, they seem to be the only games returning some semblance control to the player. Kind of miss the old days when I was expected to perform perfectly-timed jumps before I could move on to the next level...

Easy mode just exacerbates the problem, but easy mode only exists because there's a market for it. If anything an effort needs to be made to endlessly ostracize people USING it. "Casual" gamers can all go fuck themselves.

Amen to that. In the original Thief games as you upped the difficulty more areas became accessible to you, but there were more enemies and some shadows were missing making sneaking more difficult. Plus the better ammo became much rarer. Painkiller did a pretty good job of it too. Let's see more creativity in difficulty levels please.

Don't forget Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo