Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: More on Valve's Hardware Plans Sep 4, 2012, 15:31 Kitkoan

I think that Valve is more looking at peripherals as opposed to a whole system.

I'm pretty sure Valve is wanting to help look forward to devices like the Razer Hydra. It was supposed to have been a big step forward in controlling games, similar to the Wii but with much better accuracy. Problem was, it didn't work nearly as well as it was supposed to and I don't think Razer is bothering to improve it now since it didn't sell well. When it came out (and still is), it was sold with a copy of Portal 2 that had 6 levels designed by Valve for use with this device. This tells me that Valve wanted it to a success. It just didn't and now Valve is going to try to do it themselves.

While many of us have seen the Valve controller (it was linked here by nin), I don't think that is the only idea Valve is playing with and the Hydra being the proof of that I feel.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo