Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Labor Day Safety Dance Sep 3, 2012, 20:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 19:16:
With Android apps it tells you what permissions you're giving the app by installing it. So people just need to learn to read before they install.
Yep. I'm constantly surprised at some of the updates that I've seen. A new update for google maps just came up for my phone, which includes tracking and 3 dozen(disable keylock on the phone, disable phone from sleeping, broadcast location, directly call numbers, records audio, manage accounts lists, read phone identifier information, including phone number and serial #, allow NCF and full internet access, discover all known accounts, google accounts on phone, and view all configured accounts) other things which weren't on the previous version. No thanks, I'll keep the old version.

But this is going to get interesting, because a lot of these apps are cached in Canada on their own server. Which means they fall under the privacy act. All it's going to take is someone getting angry enough to file a complaint over it up here.

Though that's not quite as good as one of the QR readers I ran across. Which wanted the ability to turn on datapacket networks, and make remote calls.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo