Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

86. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Sep 1, 2012, 19:00 saluk

Jackplug wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 03:45:
Isn't their fault they found an exploit, if Nsoft knows about this then why didn't they just fix the exploit instead of banning everyone that used it.

They did fix the exploit. There will be more exploits. In lieu of going back in time and fixing exploits before people use them to break the economy, the best they can do at this point is discourage people from trying to use them when they notice them. I don't think they have technology set up to do good rollbacks, which is a shame. The best way to fix problems like this would be to undo transactions that were results of an exploit, but that's pretty tricky to do, especially on such a large scale and if they didn't have the tech set up beforehand. I hope they are working on something like that for the future.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo