Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 1, 2012, 11:48 TurdFergasun

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 01:46:

I really have no idea how anyone can say Samsung did not copy the iPhone.

Because one of the infractions the jury found in their 22 hours of deliberation was this? Yep, curved top and bottom (therefore not a rectangle,) full QWERTY keyboard, twice the thickness of an iPhone, SAMSUNG written in giant letters on the front, that totally looks like an iPhone. It's so obvious!

But being serious, Samsung isn't really any better in this nonsense, nor is Google. The entire thing is one massive fight for leverage on licensing fees. The verdict on this case was so batshit insane that it's entirely possible it's just going to be thrown out and gone through allll over again. Seriously, one of the reasons the jury blazed through it so fast was that they skipped the question of prior art. "It was bogging us down!" Basically the entire point of the case, and they just ignored it because it was taking longer. Not even getting into how the damages they awarded are by their own admission not following the guidelines given to them for how damages in a patent infringement case are supposed to work, or the jury foreman having a blatant conflict of interest holding his own (blatantly bullshit) patent...

Either way, if this verdict holds or if the case is tried again, there's no way this is going to see any resolution for years. It's just going to be appealed, and appealed, and appealed, and appealed... this entire thing is just one giant demonstration of how broken the patent system is.

there's alot of money to be made in having cases like this dragged into infinity, i have to wonder where the motivation will be for a system like this to ever be revamped.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo