Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Sep 1, 2012, 02:22 Jerykk

I enjoyed the beta but the game's PC launch was a disaster. The GFWL matchmaking was crap, you couldn't join matches-in-progress and the game was poorly optimized. The community died pretty quickly. Going F2P, removing GFWL and letting you join matches-in-progress will hopefully revive the game, as I do think the core gameplay is enjoyable. There's a wide variety of weapons and loadout customization and a lot of interesting traversal mechanics.

That said, F2P games need lots of post-release support to survive and I don't really see WB doing that. I see them switching to F2P as a desperate attempt to milk more money from the microtransactions (like APB Reloaded did) rather than overhaul the game in an attempt to revive it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo