Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Aug 31, 2012, 18:01 Ruffiana

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 17:38:
Ruffiana wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 17:33:
When I was laid off from Paragon almost two years ago, I thought they had another 6mos, maybe a year left in them. I was wrong apparently. They managed to scrape by for another 22 months.

I'm sad to see my friends and former co-workers set loose today, but I'm confident they'll find greener pastures soon enough.

Admittedly, it's always a bummer when people you know personally get handed a setback that alters their life. You know how stressful it's going to be for them.

Still, I remember hearing about the Mission Architect and saying "Really? That's your plan to bring the sub numbers back up?". It didn't go over well. It reeked of desperation at the time.

Mission Architect was never designed to bring subs back. It was just one feature of many in an attempt to stem the loss of players over time. Fact is, very few games can maintain relevance for years and years on end, MMO or not. You'll always have your small, hardcore, slightly insane group of players who will be there playing until the end, but the majority of the playerbase is just recycled out for new players and not a damn thing you can do about it.

Really, it started out as a tool to allow Joe M. to create burnable content more easily and at some point it expanded into a 'Hey, why don't we let the players use this too?'

Lot of mistakes made with MA and how it was implemented, but the underlying idea of letting people who've invented a superhero character also write their own story content to play and sahre was a good idea no matter how you spin it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo