Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Aug 31, 2012, 17:33 Ruffiana

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 17:27:
TheRedfox wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 16:33:
NCSoft posted a $6M loss last quarter (rumored to be mainly from AION). It's a shame that CoH had to feel the pain from this.

The writing on the wall for CoH/CoV and Paragon has been apparent for a touch more than three years now. Aion was a bloodbath...and that was largely due to hubris. Oh sure, North American players just love Korean grindfests run with no effective control over RMT. How could that not make billions?

I think the only thing NC has left that is profitable in the states is Guild Wars. Auto Assault = Crashed and burned. Tabula Rasa = Crashed and burned after blowing through more money than several AAA titles put together use for budgets. Dungeon Runners = crashed and burned (but only because the publisher didn't know what to do with it. The development team was great and it had a wicked sense of humor that was smart). Lineage 2 was is being milked to death. Wildstar is going to crash and burn, too. It's space WoW with nothing about it that truly sets it apart from the already badly overpopulated MMO market.

When I was laid off from Paragon almost two years ago, I thought they had another 6mos, maybe a year left in them. I was wrong apparently. They managed to scrape by for another 22 months.

I'm sad to see my friends and former co-workers set loose today, but I'm confident they'll find greener pastures soon enough.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo