Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

51. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 15:44 SimplyMonk

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 15:31:
Why not just make them 72 hour bans to begin with?

The severity of the punishment is up to ANET. They set the policies. We agree to live in their little dictatorship. They dole out the punishment as they see fit. Obviously they wish to rule with a cold iron fist which sends multiple message. One of which being that if you don't like their form of dictatorship, you are free to move somewhere else. They don't seek to have a dialogue in cases where the user knowingly violated terms of service or even unknowingly violated them to a large degree as they only banned people who exploited the bug greater than 50 times which I would consider generous.

I'm not really all that bothered if a few miscreants disappear into the shadows never to be heard of again. As with most things though, I might have a different opinion should the Eye of ANET ever turn on me in a way I don't feel is justified. At which point, I quit giving them my time and money.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo