Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

94. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 30, 2012, 18:02 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 16:09:
Alright, bit the bullet and got the game today. Probably won't have time to play until this weekend, but I joined Tarnished Coast and will try to get into the guild once I can.

Does the game run slow, btw? I was getting 20 fps on my fairly beast work computer (Radeon HD 5850, SSD, 8 Gig RAM, 6 core Xeon @3.33Ghz) and most stuff was set to medium as far as I could tell. Admittedly it was set to 2500x1600 resolution, so that may have something to do with it.

I just hope my home internet connection can handle it. If not, I guess I may have to move.

Btw, anyone have a suggestion on what character/build to play first? I never played the betas, and it's been a LONG time since I last played Guild Wars. From a review I read, it seems a thief with ranged weapons gets lots of fun little tricks in combat.

Are the races typically better suited for one thing or another, or does it not really matter? Ie, is a Charr Thief just as good as an Asura one?

Creston

Yup, races are all even. Thieves are fun, but most classes seem about equally viable. I haven't found one that really seems harder than others. Just remember to dodge when you can, hehe.

My laptop and my desktop (when it was working, anyway) both get really good FPS, but I have mega systems, so your mileage may vary. My wife's PC seems to be getting good FPS, and it's a very low-middle range gaming PC. Her stuff is auto-detected though, so I don't know what settings she has. Mine are all maxed.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo