Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: Spec Ops: The Line MP Knocked By Dev Aug 29, 2012, 20:03 Asmo

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 12:29:
Who said customers weren't happy? The developer is saying he's not happy, but isn't saying the customers aren't happy.

He is in fact saying the customers aren't happy....

"No one is playing it"

Happy customers don't abandon a supposedly key part of your product. If no one is playing it, it's because they aren't happy with it.

Critical thinking and introspection has gone out the f#cking window lately. I face a similar problem at work where our management knows we have x workload and y staff, and the way to increase how much work we get done is to reshuffle the department (so no more staff, training etc). A change of seat should be great to wring an extra couple of minutes out of my already full time day where I'm typically working non stop.

And that's the problem, once you get out of the trenches, you lose touch with the reality of the situation. Just as you have done Beamer. The dev implicitly stated that MP was a flop (something that no one plays can hardly be termed a 'success'). And yet you are here saying it's fickle customers causing the problem? Did you work on the game? Do you have some mystical insight that a guy who actually worked on the game doesn't have?

The fact there are rabidly successful games out there proves that you can make customers happy by virtue of making a good game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo